- February 2024
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Hessle, East Yorkshire / Hybrid (Office & Remote)
- Up to £28k DOE, with great progression potential for the right candidate
This role is ideal for a talented web developer with a proven track record delivering high quality web projects. You will have an aptitude for problem solving, understand what it takes to build mobile-first with progressive enhancement across multiple devices and screen sizes, experience of the latest web design and development technologies and have a passion for continuous learning.
As a web developer at Herd, you'll be working on innovative projects alongside our existing development and digital marketing experts. From the outset you will be driving standards and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Build and maintain Shopify eCommerce websites
- Develop mobile-first for multiple devices and screen sizes
- Use your existing skills in the development of a range of non-ecommerce dynamic websites
- Attend client briefings and web development meetings
- Understand a client’s requirements and bring them to life
- Be on the forefront of upcoming Shopify platform changes
- Maintain a high-level of knowledge and understanding across the latest frontend development trends
- Assist in managing the development of a project from inception to go-live and beyond
- Support and nurture the team with your knowledge sharing and experience
- Help drive forward with standards and best practises
Full-time or part-time
We understand that full-time employment isn’t possible for everyone. Childcare or other existing commitments may also be your priority alongside work. We are happy to discuss your specific requirements and look to offer part-time solutions, alongside our hybrid remote working model, that works for all.
Relevant qualification / degree or significant industry experience, but we're more interested in the quality of your experience than years of service.
- Excellent understanding of UI/UX processes and best practices
- Familiarity with version control and Git
- Excellent organisation and attention-to-detail
- Good task management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience working to a client brief
- Experience working within a digital / eCommerce agency
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves
- Experience with NPM, Gulp and Webpack
- Experience with Shopify or Umbraco
- Knowledge of the Liquid templating language or other server-side experience
What we'll offer
25 days holiday - plus bank holidays
Birthday off - because no one should work on their birthday, take the day to help you celebrate in style
Flexible working – based on our shift patterns (e.g., start early to finish early)
Hybrid working model – because life isn't rigid, we're not either. To achieve a healthy work/life balance, we operate a hybrid working model allowing you to combine working from the office and remotely inline with business needs
Company equipment – all necessary equipment will be provided to perform your role within the working environment. This will include: a high-performance desktop/laptop, monitors, VOIP phone or VOIP software-based phone etc.
Personal progression plans – linked to roles & responsibilities, with a clear progression plan for you to work towards within the business
Training budget – attendance at conferences and having the right training materials is really important for Herd. We believe in investing in people's professional advancement. An annual training budget will be allocated to your team
Pension – Herd provide a company pension scheme in line with our duties as an employer. Further details of the scheme provider and employee contributions will be shared during your induction
Herd profit share / bonus scheme – we operate a company bonus scheme linked to personal and company performance, promoting shared stewardship with the Herd
Herd member of the month - as voted by your peers to celebrate success and recognise achievements with a cheeky shopping voucher reward!
Regular socials - including a quarterly team lunch with the Herd
Fizz Friday – on the last Friday of every month, reflect on 'Herd wins' with a tipple of your choice
- Discounted gym membership - for you and your family at 10 East Riding leisure centres
Who we employ
The energetic: you buzz with positivity and infect everyone around you with your enthusiasm. You inspire others to be more you
The trail blazers: you think outside the box, pushing boundaries as a real thought leader. You thrive on innovation
The determined: you see problems as opportunities. You keep going and keep the Herd focussed on the end goal
The brave: you speak up and you challenge. You dare to do what others won't. You learn from your experiences
The matriarchs: you nurture and lead the Herd around you. You are the glue that keeps us together. You are the constant in a world of change
Collectively, we're experts in performance marketing, commerce, web design, development, and integrations, providing services for household names and growing brands all over the world.
What we are proud of: we are proud of our culture, delivering transparency and value for our clients which leads to long-term partnerships.
Our mission and vision: our mission is to empower our partners with solutions for growth to scale without limits. We deliver this through exceptional performance marketing, development, and consultancy services.
Our head office: based in Hessle, has recently been refurbished into a collaborative, open plan office environment. We have a great view of the Humber Bridge, and being just off the A63 makes commuting easy on office days.
Our team: composed of 25+ amazing individuals, our team is a great blend of personalities that gives us a unique, engaging, and fun environment.
Our team are fundamental to our success. This is why we invest in external training and mentoring. We're here to help you become the best that you can be, and provide the support and opportunity to progress.
We love to celebrate individual and team successes together, with highlights such as employee of the month and our company bonus scheme.
Herd values & behaviours
Growing giants: we don't work with everyone – we partner with ambitious brands that share our vision. Whatever success looks like, we're on the journey together
Walk the walk: we're a straight talking, no-nonsense Herd. We deliver on our word, provide strategy, and plans with frequent updates, insightful reporting, and collaboration
Good vibes: we treat businesses and goals as if they were our own. Driving opportunities and positivity, we take joy in working with our partners to grow their business
One Herd: we are an extension of our partner's teams, understanding the business in the same way they do
Sparkle & shine: alongside regular communication, we provide industry leading insights to grow business. Innovation is in our blood
Performance: thinking performance for our partners, always
Ready to join our Herd?
Now is a great time to join our expanding team.
If you're the perfect fit for our Herd, we'd love to hear from you. Please get in touch for further information or to discuss the role and next steps in more detail.