Date: February 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire / Hybrid (Office & Remote)
Salary: Up to £24k DOE, with great progression potential for the right candidate
This role is ideal for someone with 1+ years experience in paid search, who is looking for the opportunity to progress.
You will have the opportunity to assist on existing paid search and social campaigns, whilst being given the opportunity to develop your skillset, learning how to manage and strategise for clients.
The ideal candidate for the role would have experience working within a digital marketing agency, or working within a client-side paid search team.
Your enthusiasm for learning will enable you to work within a results-focused team, working across a multitude of media channels, from search to social.You have a creative mindset, and are comfortable using various Microsoft products such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word. You have experience working with the Google Product Stack, and ideally have some experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and others.
Having the right people is really important. Cooperation and collaboration within the team is key, allowing us to work together as one Herd to deliver great service and results for our partners.
Our partners want the best for their business, and we’re always working to innovate and exceed expectations. As part of our Herd, we work hard, but also play hard - our culture reflects this.
If you sound like you're a good fit for our Herd, I’d love to hear from you.Gareth Allen, Managing Director, Herd
In this role, you will:
- Research keywords
- Understand and analyse requirements of a clients sector
- Attend client meetings, taking notes
- Develop an understanding of how to use all internal tools
- Undertake research for clients
- Support with admin work
- Support with the execution of paid search campaigns
- Generate unique and engaging Ad copy
- Maximise campaign performance
- Report on campaign performance
- Work alongside other departments to support larger marketing campaigns
- Keep up to date with industry standards and new technologies
- Provide support for other departments when needed
We understand that full-time employment isn’t possible for everyone. Childcare or other existing commitments may also be your priority alongside work. We are happy to discuss your specific requirements and look to offer part-time solutions, alongside our hybrid working model, that works for all.
At least grade C in GCSE English and maths.
- At least 1 years' experience within a paid search role
- Enthusiastic and passionate with a willingness to learn
- Creative mindset, able to ‘think outside the box’
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Competent writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Ability to work towards deadlines
- Positive approach
- Good analytical skills
- Knowledge of Google, Microsoft, Meta & other social ad platforms
- Experience within a digital marketing agency
- Speak an additional language
- Experience working with Shopify
- Experience delivering paid media for eCommerce brands
What we'll offer
- Friday afternoons off – work hard, play hard. Start every weekend early with a 12.30pm finish
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – combined with your early finish Friday, that's up to 58 days off per year!
- Hybrid working model – because life isn't rigid, we're not either. To achieve a healthy work/life balance, we operate a hybrid working model allowing you to combine working from the office and remotely inline with business needs
- Herd profit share – promoting shared stewardship with the herd
- A top of the range laptop and equipment required to fulfil your role, wherever you're working
- In-house and external training including opportunities to attend the best industry conferences and training events each year
- Herd member of the month as voted by your peers to celebrate success and recognise achievements with a cheeky shopping voucher reward!
- Discounted gym membership for you and your family at 10 East Riding leisure centres
- Regular socials and a quarterly team lunches with the herd
- Hump day coffee – midweek coffee catch-up, the only rule is 'no work chat'
- Fizz Friday – on the last Friday of every month, reflect on 'herd wins' with a tipple of your choice
- Unlimited amounts of Yorkshire tea
Who we employ
- The energetic: you buzz with positivity and infect everyone around you with your enthusiasm. You inspire others to be more you
- The trail blazers: you think outside the box, pushing boundaries as a real thought leader. You thrive on innovation
- The determined: you see problems as opportunities. You keep going and keep the herd focussed on the end goal
- The brave: you speak up and you challenge. You dare to do what others won't. You learn from your experiences
- The matriarchs: you nurture and lead the herd around you. You are the glue that keeps us together. You are the constant in a world of change
Here at Herd, we specialise in Shopify eCommerce websites and performance marketing. Our herd is highly skilled and works on trusted brands across the UK and beyond. Our thirst for performance is the key to our success.
What we are proud of: we are proud of our culture, delivering transparency and value for our clients which leads to long-term partnerships.
Our mission and vision: our mission is to become the leading Shopify agency in the UK for eCommerce and performance marketing.
Our environment: our team are based in our head office in Hessle which has been recently refurbished into a collaborative, open plan environment. We have a great view of the Humber Bridge and being just off the A63 makes commuting easy.
Our team: our growing team is a great blend of personalities that gives us a unique, engaging and fun environment to be part of.
Our team are fundamental to our success. This is why we invest in external training and mentoring. We're here to help you become the best that you can be, and provide the support and opportunity to progress.
We love to celebrate individual and team successes together with highlights such as employee of the month and company bonus scheme.
We have a busy social calendar, there's always something happening with organised events, with the first Wednesday of every month reserved for Herd staff lunch. For any budding bakers, you'll even get chance to take part in our theme days.
Getting our work/life balance right is important – as such we finish at 12:30pm on Fridays, with the occasional trip to the local pub to start the weekend.
Our herd values & behaviours
One herd: shared goals / work in partnership / achieve your potential
Sparkle & shine: can-do attitude / inspiring & motivating / transformational change
Walk the walk: keep it simple / do what you say / under promise, over deliver
Growing giants: be brave / dare to lead / create a lasting legacy
Good vibes: keep it real / act with integrity / be the difference you want to see
Ready to join our herd?
Now is a great time to join our expanding team.
If you're the perfect fit for our herd, we'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch for further information or to discuss the role and next steps in more detail.