Dates: June/July 2023 (flexible for the right candidate)
Job Type: Full time internship (34 hours p/w) for 12 weeks initially
Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire
Salary: £10.42 p/h
The Digital Marketing intern position will be the ideal role for somebody looking to get their career started in Digital Marketing. You will form an integral part of our talented Marketing team and gain experience in all aspects of digital from SEO, Paid Search & Social media, Content creation & PR campaigns, to Outreach and International project support.
You will work alongside our team of digital marketing experts on exciting projects for both our partners and our own brand, adopting the role of Herd brand ambassador. You will have the chance to progress from assisting on existing campaigns and projects, through to working on marketing strategies for clients as your knowledge develops.
In this role, you will:
- Support marketing colleagues with multi-channel tasks across SEO, Paid Media, PR & outreach, Social media, content writing, International
- Assist with the creation of marketing reports
- Write and amend content for websites
- Perform health-checks on client websites and feedback on issues
- Assist with client-facing campaign proposals, marketing plans and reports
- Undertake research on-behalf of clients
- Attend internal and client meetings and gain first-hand experience
- Assist with digital promotion of the Herd brand, including social media
- Support the team with administration tasks
Degree level qualification in either Business, Marketing, Journalism, English, Statistics or any other relevant discipline. Secondary education with minimum GCSE grade 4 or above in English and Mathematics.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to liaise and communicate effectively with other teams
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Knowledge of social networking
- Basic understanding of search engine principles
- Basic Microsoft Excel
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Experience in setting up a website / blogging
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Webmaster tools and ability to utilise their data
- Relevant work experience in a similar role – helpful but not essential
- Keen interest in pursuing a career in Digital Marketing
You will receive a combination of the following:
- Personalised training plan (blend of face-face and online training)
- Access and time to complete online courses & industry accreditations
- Training and mentoring from our team of experts
The normal progression route for a Digital Marketing Intern could potentially lead to a Digital Marketing Executive position upon successful completion of the internship.
What we'll offer
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- A top of the range laptop and equipment required to fulfil your role, wherever you're working
- In-house and external training including opportunities to attend the best industry conferences and training events each year
- Herd member of the month as voted by your peers to celebrate success and recognise achievements with a cheeky shopping voucher reward!
- Discounted gym membership for you and your family at 10 East Riding leisure centres
- Regular socials and quarterly team lunches with the herd
- Hump day coffee – midweek coffee catch-up, the only rule is 'no work chat'
- Fizz Friday – on the last Friday of every month, reflect on 'herd wins' with a tipple of your choice
- Unlimited amounts of Yorkshire tea (other drinks also provided)
Who we employ
- The energetic: you buzz with positivity and infect everyone around you with your enthusiasm. You inspire others to be more you
- The trail blazers: you think outside the box, pushing boundaries as a real thought leader. You thrive on innovation
- The determined: you see problems as opportunities. You keep going and keep the herd focussed on the end goal
- The brave: you speak up and you challenge. You dare to do what others won't. You learn from your experiences
- The matriarchs: you nurture and lead the herd around you. You are the glue that keeps us together. You are the constant in a world of change
Here at Herd, we specialise in Shopify eCommerce websites and performance marketing. Our herd is highly skilled and works on trusted brands across the UK and beyond. Our thirst for performance is the key to our success.
What we are proud of: we are proud of our culture, delivering transparency and value for our clients which leads to long-term partnerships.
Our mission and vision: our mission is to become the leading Shopify agency in the UK for eCommerce and performance marketing.
Our environment: our team are based in our head office in Hessle which has been recently refurbished into a collaborative, open plan environment. We have a great view of the Humber Bridge and being just off the A63 makes commuting easy.
Our team: our growing team is a great blend of personalities that gives us a unique, engaging and fun environment to be part of.
Our team are fundamental to our success. This is why we invest in external training and mentoring. We're here to help you become the best that you can be, and provide the support and opportunity to progress.
We love to celebrate individual and team successes together with highlights such as Herd member of the month and company bonus scheme.
We have a busy social calendar, there's always something happening with organised events, with the first Wednesday of every month reserved for Herd staff lunch. For any budding bakers, you'll even get chance to take part in our theme days.
Herd Values & Behaviour
We have 6 core values and behaviours that underpin our Herd culture and ensure our success as a business. These are:
One herd: shared goals / work in partnership / achieve your potential
Sparkle & shine: can-do attitude / inspiring & motivating / transformational change
Walk the walk: keep it simple / do what you say / under promise, over deliver
Growing giants: be brave / dare to lead / create a lasting legacy
Good vibes: keep it real / act with integrity / be the difference you want to see
Performance: for our partners, always / It's our business to grow theirs
Ready to join our herd as one of our next interns?
Now is a very exciting time to join our expanding team as we grow our business.
If you're the perfect fit for our herd, we'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch for further information or to discuss the role and next steps in more detail.
How to apply
Send your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Graduate Internship - Digital Marketing' no later than 16/04/23.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 16th April
Interviews will take place for all shortlisted candidates before the end of April at Herd HQ.