Date: June 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire / Hybrid
Salary: Up to £35k, with great progression potential for the right candidate
This role is ideal for those with a proven track record of leading on and delivering successful paid strategies across both search engines and social media.
You have experience of managing a team with a minimum of 3 years in a paid search role working within a fast paced digital agency environment.
Your passion for delivering a high standard of work, includes growing the channels though introducing new and innovative techniques as well as analysing key data to improve performance alongside leading and mentoring other members of the paid search team.
As a Paid Search Manager at Herd, you'll be working with our innovative team and our client partners. From the outset you will be driving high standards and innovation.
Having the right people is really important. Cooperation and collaboration within the team is key, allowing us to work together as a team to deliver great service and results for both our client partners, our team and the business.
Our clients want the best and we’re always working to innovate and exceed their expectations. We work hard, but also play hard - being a part of the Herd we want the best for our team, our client partners, and our culture reflects that.
If you think this is you, I’d love to hear from you.Jon Patrick, Head of Marketing, Herd
In this role, you will:
- Lead the day to day running of the paid search department
- Create, manage and maintain internal and external relationships relevant to paid search
- Be responsible for seeking opportunities to grow the paid search channels
- Mentor, deliver, and facilitate relevant training and online qualification resources for both paid search team and the wider business
- Create and present client strategies across paid search channels, identifying and proposing key growth opportunities for partners
- Advise on tactical campaigns based on seasonality and other factors
- Analyse key data and communicate to stakeholders on findings and next steps
- Act as a client lead for communication, strategy, and tactical plans/campaign activity
- Lead in client servicing, including BAU development, delivery and client retention
- Assist with new business development and the growth of paid search channels and support in the business’ paid search strategy
- Lead paid search recruitment
- Stay up to date on paid search best practice, advising the team on how to implement your research
- Be able to talk confidently to clients demonstrating you're an expert in your field
- Other works related to the overall business progression and brand promotion
Full-time or part-time
We understand that full-time employment isn’t possible for everyone. Childcare or other existing commitments may also be your priority alongside work. We are happy to discuss your specific requirements and look to offer part-time solutions, alongside our hybrid working model, that works for all.
Relevant qualification / degree or significant industry experience, but we're more interested in the quality of your experience than years of service.
- At least 3 years' experience in an paid search management role
- Thorough understanding of paid search principles and the latest techniques
- Proven track record delivering paid strategies for clients
- Excellent organisation and attention-to-detail
- Excellent client management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountability and adaptability
- Comfortable with delegation and leadership experience
- Developing and working with a client brief, developing clear strategies and performance forecasts
- Experience working within a digital / ecommerce agency
- Experience delivering insights and reporting to a high standard via Ads and Analytics platforms
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Google, Microsoft and social media ad platforms
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to liaise effectively with other teams
- An appetite to learn and develop, continually expanding your paid search knowledge
- Knowledge of eCommerce platforms such as Shopify, and Magento
- Strong business writing skills and ability to produce high quality reports
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, and Search Console, with the ability to utilise their data
- Experience with AI platforms such as Marin, Squared.io, and Optmyzr
- Awareness of other digital channels including organic
What we'll offer
- Friday afternoons off – work hard, play hard. Start every weekend early with a 12.30pm finish
- Up to 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – combined with your early finish Friday, that's up to 58 days off per year!
- Hybrid working model – because life isn't rigid, we're not either. To achieve a healthy work/life balance, we operate a hybrid working model allowing you to combine working from the office and remotely inline with business needs
- Herd profit share – promoting shared stewardship with the herd
- A top of the range laptop and equipment required to fulfil your role, wherever you're working
- In-house and external training including opportunities to attend the best industry conferences and training events each year
- Herd member of the month as voted by your peers to celebrate success and recognise achievements with a cheeky shopping voucher reward!
- Regular socials and a monthly free lunch outing with the herd
- Hump day coffee – midweek coffee catch-up, the only rule is 'no work chat'
- Fizz Friday – on the last Friday of every month, reflect on 'herd wins' with a tipple of your choice
- Unlimited amounts of Yorkshire tea
Who we employ
- The energetic: you buzz with positivity and infect everyone around you with your enthusiasm. You inspire others to be more you
- The trail blazers: you think outside the box, pushing boundaries as a real thought leader. You thrive on innovation
- The determined: you see problems as opportunities. You keep going and keep the herd focussed on the end goal
- The brave: you speak up and you challenge. You dare to do what others won't. You learn from your experiences
- The matriarchs: you nurture and lead the herd around you. You are the glue that keeps us together. You are the constant in a world of change
Here at Herd, we specialise in Shopify eCommerce websites and performance marketing. Our herd is highly skilled and works on trusted brands across the UK and beyond. Our thirst for performance is the key to our success.
What we are proud of: we are proud of our culture, delivering transparency and value for our clients which leads to long-term partnerships.
Our mission and vision: our mission is to become the leading Shopify agency in the UK for eCommerce and performance marketing.
Our environment: our team are based in our head office in Hessle which has been recently refurbished into a collaborative, open plan environment. We have a great view of the Humber Bridge and being just off the A63 makes commuting easy.
Our team: our growing team is a great blend of personalities that gives us a unique, engaging and fun environment to be part of.
Our team are fundamental to our success. This is why we invest in external training and mentoring. We're here to help you become the best that you can be, and provide the support and opportunity to progress.
We love to celebrate individual and team successes together with highlights such as employee of the month and company bonus scheme.
We have a busy social calendar, there's always something happening with organised events, with the first Wednesday of every month reserved for Herd staff lunch. For any budding bakers, you'll even get chance to take part in our theme days.
Getting our work/life balance right is important – as such we finish at 12:30pm on Fridays, with the occasional trip to the local pub to start the weekend.
Our herd values & behaviours
One herd: shared goals / work in partnership / achieve your potential
Sparkle & shine: can-do attitude / inspiring & motivating / transformational change
Walk the walk: keep it simple / do what you say / under promise, over deliver
Growing giants: be brave / dare to lead / create a lasting legacy
Good vibes: keep it real / act with integrity / be the difference you want to see
Ready to join our herd?
Now is a great time to join our expanding team.
If you're the perfect fit for our herd, we'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch for further information or to discuss the role and next steps in more detail.