Date: June 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire / Remote (hybrid working model)
Salary: £24k - £30k per annum DOE
The Content Lead position will be the ideal role for a budding content executive, somebody who is already working in a digital content marketing / commercial writing / journalism role, and has 2+ years’ experience and a proven track record delivering for clients.
Reporting into our PR & Content Manager you will be managing and delivering strategies for our partners as well as sharing your knowledge when mentoring other team members.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast paced digital agency, and will be passionate about delivering a high standard of work.
We want someone who’s not afraid of pushing the boundaries, a confident communicator in a client facing role and someone who is committed to going above and beyond.
Having the right people is really important. Cooperation and collaboration within the team is key, allowing us to work together as a team to deliver great service and results for both our client partners, our team and the business.
Our clients want the best and we’re always working to innovate and exceed their expectations. We work hard, but also play hard - being a part of the Herd we want the best for our team, our client partners, and our culture reflects that.
If you think this is you, I’d love to hear from you.Jon Patrick, Head of Marketing, Herd
In this role, you will:
- Manage & deliver campaigns & strategies to a high standard achieving required KPIs
- Ensure all clients have a future proofed strategy and tactics in place
- Manage client relationships and retain all assigned clients
- Identify, highlight and propose key growth opportunities for assigned clients
- Identify and escalate any potential issues at the earliest opportunity
- Undertake research on-behalf of clients including keyword research, user persona development, buyer journeys, topic clusters and delivering content calendars
- Perform in-depth content audits, gap analysis, health-checks on client websites and feedback on issues with recommendations
- Plan, create & amplify engaging content to a high standard that meets campaign objectives using relevant formats that target search intent
- Organise and run client meetings and contribute to and attend new business pitches
- Coach and develop Apprentices / Executives
- Lead the collaboration of other team members to deliver digital marketing campaigns effectively. Support the PR Team with effective press release writing
- Educate other teams on best practices and promote these principles
- Contribute to the development of HERD’s content & social proposition
- Take part in weekly updates to be shared both internally and externally
- Relevant qualification, degree or significant industry experience
- 2+ years' experience in content marketing specific role (SEO experience desirable)
- Comprehensive delivery of all responsibilities from the SEO Executive role(s)
- Thorough understanding of search engine optimisation principles and the latest techniques
- Proven track record delivering digital marketing strategies for clients
- Adept in carrying out competitor analysis / content audits
- Evidence of previous content campaigns that have delivered results
- Excellent client management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to liaise effectively with other teams
- Appetite to learn & develop, continually expanding your digital marketing knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms such as Shopify and Magento
- Strong business writing skills and ability to produce high quality reports
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with journalistic tools such as Veulio / Cision / Response Source
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Search Console and Google Data Studio and ability to utilise their data
- Good understanding of HTML
- Second language: Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Italian (not essential)
- Yorkshire tea drinker
What we'll offer
- Friday afternoons off – work hard, play hard. Start every weekend early with a 12.30pm finish
- Up to 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – combined with your early finish Friday, that's up to 58 days off per year!
- Hybrid working model – because life isn't rigid, we're not either. To achieve a healthy work/life balance, we operate a hybrid working model allowing you to work from the office and remotely inline with business needs
- Herd profit share – promoting shared stewardship with the herd
- A top of the range laptop and equipment required to fulfil your role, wherever you're working
- In-house and external training including opportunities to attend the best industry conferences and training events each year
- Herd member of the month as voted by your peers to celebrate success and recognise achievements with a cheeky shopping voucher reward!
- Regular socials and a monthly free lunch outing with the herd
- Hump day coffee – midweek coffee catch-up, the only rule is 'no work chat'
- Fizz Friday – on the last Friday of every month, reflect on 'herd wins' with a tipple of your choice
- Unlimited amounts of Yorkshire tea
Who we employ
- The energetic: you buzz with positivity and infect everyone around you with your enthusiasm. You inspire others to be more you
- The trail blazers: you think outside the box, pushing boundaries as a real thought leader. You thrive on innovation
- The determined: you see problems as opportunities. You keep going and keep the herd focussed on the end goal
- The brave: you speak up and you challenge. You dare to do what others won't. You learn from your experiences
- The matriarchs: you nurture and lead the herd around you. You are the glue that keeps us together. You are the constant in a world of change
Here at Herd, we specialise in Shopify eCommerce websites and performance marketing. Our herd is highly skilled and works on trusted brands across the UK and beyond. Our thirst for performance is the key to our success.
What we are proud of: we are proud of our culture, delivering transparency and value for our clients which leads to long-term partnerships.
Our mission and vision: our mission is to become the leading Shopify agency in the UK for eCommerce and performance marketing.
Our environment: our team are based in our head office in Hessle which has been recently refurbished into a collaborative, open plan environment. We have a great view of the Humber Bridge and being just off the A63 makes commuting easy.
Our team: our growing team is a great blend of personalities that gives us a unique, engaging and fun environment to be part of.
Our team are fundamental to our success. This is why we invest in external training and mentoring. We're here to help you become the best that you can be, and provide the support and opportunity to progress.
We love to celebrate individual and team successes together with highlights such as employee of the month and company bonus scheme.
We have a busy social calendar, there's always something happening with organised events.
Getting our work/life balance right is important – as such we finish at 12:30pm on Fridays, with the occasional trip to the local pub to start the weekend.
Our herd values & behaviours
One herd: shared goals / work in partnership / achieve your potential
Sparkle & shine: can-do attitude / inspiring & motivating / transformational change
Walk the walk: keep it simple / do what you say / under promise, over deliver
Growing giants: be brave / dare to lead / create a lasting legacy
Good vibes: keep it real / act with integrity / be the difference you want to see
Ready to join our herd?
Now is a great time to join our expanding team.
If you're the perfect fit for our herd, we'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch for further information or to discuss the role and next steps in more detail.