Date: August 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire / Remote (hybrid working model)
Salary: £22k - £28k per annum DOE
To support our growing team we are seeking a skilled Content Lead to join us in crafting thumb-stopping content for businesses across a range of sectors and markets.
The Content Lead position will be the ideal role for somebody already working in a digital content marketing specific role with 3+ years' experience and a proven track record delivering for clients. You will report into our Senior Content Strategist and support them on continuing to build and deliver on our content proposition.
You should have an inherent passion for copywriting, a meticulous attention to detail, and demonstratable experience tailoring content that aligns with both brand TOVs and audience perspectives.
As an integral part of our integrated team, you will be required to collaborate closely with the wider performance marketing team, including our SEO, PR and paid media experts as well as individuals from other departments such as web design and development.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee exceptional and data driven content planning and delivery on your accounts across various industries
- Holding absolute accountability for the quality standards of content outputs on your accounts
- Evaluating, proofreading, refining and enhancing existing copy or identifying opportunities new content requirements
- Support in performing in-depth content inventories and audits on client websites and assets
- Helping to ensure content governance standards by analysing content to assess its performance and how we can apply these insights for future development and enhancement
- Collaborating closely with other departments to produce content as part of an integrated strategy
- Fostering client relationships, participating in client meetings and calls as needed
- Supporting senior team members on new business needs and strategic content recommendations
- Supporting in ideation sessions and developing content ideas as necessary
- Researching and gaining an in-depth understanding of the brands you work on and identifying opportunities for promotion through content
- Tracking content trends and pertinent industry news and disseminating this knowledge with the wider team
- Educate other teams on best practices and promote these principles
- Relevant qualification / degree or significant industry experience. Proven track record delivering high quality copy, content plans and briefs for a range of clients and industries
- A minimum of 3 year's content-related experience
- Excellent organisational skills – the ability to manage multiple projects and campaigns for brands
- Capability to write effectively for a variety of sectors and audiences
- Proofreading experience and the capacity to evaluate content effectively
- A comprehensive understanding of the influence of content on user experience
- Creativity - the ability to devise unique ideas that align with campaign objectives
- A good comprehension of commercial value and evaluating the success or failure of a project in business terms
- A flexible individual, comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and adept at communication at all levels
- A passion for content marketing is crucial, as is your readiness to delve deeply into client campaigns
- A background in journalism e.g., NCTJ training or previous roles in journalism
- Ability to use analytics platforms such as Google Analytics and data to inform content plans and prioritisation
- Demonstratable experience working closely with other marketing practitioners particularly SEO, UX and CRO teams
- Experience working across different international markets
- Experience producing copy for regulated sectors such as financial services or law
What we'll offer
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Flexible working - based on our shift patterns (e.g., start early to finish early)
Company equipment - all necessary equipment will be provided to perform your role within the working environment. This will include: a high-performance desktop/laptop, monitors, VOIP phone or VOIP software-based phone etc.
Personal progression plans - linked to roles and responsibilities with a clear progression plan for you to work towards within the business
Training budget - attendance at conferences and having the right training materials is really important for Herd. We believe in investing in people's professional advancement. A budget per year will be allocated to the team
Pension - Herd provide a company pension scheme in line with our duties as an employer. Further details of the scheme provider and employee contributions will be shared during your induction
Herd profit share / bonus scheme – Herd operate a company bonus scheme linked to personal and company performance against annual targets
Herd member of the month as voted by your peers to celebrate success and recognise achievements with a cheeky shopping voucher reward!
Regular socials and a quarterly team lunch with the Herd
Fizz Friday on the last Friday of every month, reflecting on 'herd wins' during the company update
Who we employ
The energetic: you buzz with positivity and infect everyone around you with your enthusiasm. You inspire others to be more you
The trail blazers: you think outside the box, pushing boundaries as a real thought leader. You thrive on innovation
The determined: you see problems as opportunities. You keep going and keep the herd focussed on the end goal
The brave: you speak up and you challenge. You dare to do what others won't. You learn from your experiences
The matriarchs: you nurture and lead the Herd around you. You are the glue that keeps us together. You are the constant in a world of change
Collectively, we're experts in performance marketing, commerce, web design, development, and integrations, providing services for household names and growing brands all over the world.
What we are proud of: we are proud of our culture, delivering transparency and value for our clients which leads to long-term partnerships.
Our mission and vision: our mission is to empower our partners with solutions for growth to scale without limits. We deliver this through exceptional performance marketing, development and consultancy services.
Our team: composed of 25+ amazing individuals, our team is a great blend of personalities that gives us a unique, engaging and fun environment.
Our team are fundamental to our success. This is why we invest in external training and mentoring. We're here to help you become the best that you can be, and provide the support and opportunity to progress.
We love to celebrate individual and team successes together with highlights such as employee of the month and company bonus scheme.
Our Herd values & behaviours
Growing Giants: we don't work with everyone – we partner with ambitious brands that share our vision. Whatever success looks like, we're on the journey together
Walk the Walk: we're a straight talking, no-nonsense Herd. We deliver on our word, provide strategy, and plans with frequent updates, insightful reporting, and collaboration
Good Vibes: we treat businesses and goals as if they were our own. Driving opportunities and positivity, we take joy in working with our partners to grow their business
One Herd: we are an extension of our partner's teams, understanding the business in the same way they do
Sparkle & Shine: alongside regular communication, we provide industry leading insights to grow business. Innovation is in our blood
Performance: thinking performance for our partners, always
Ready to join our herd?
Now is a great time to join our expanding team.
If you're the perfect fit for our Herd, we'd love to hear from you. Please get in touch for further information or to discuss the role and next steps in more detail.