Date: September 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire / Remote (hybrid working model)
Salary: DOE, with great progression potential for the right candidate
The SEO Manager position is the ideal role for an ambitious individual already working in an SEO specific role with 5+ years' industry experience and a proven track record delivering SEO strategies for clients in a fast paced digital agency environment.
You will be managing and delivering strategies for our partners as well as sharing your knowledge when mentoring other team members.
We looking for someone who's not afraid of pushing boundaries, a confident communicator in a client facing role, and someone who is committed to going above and beyond.
Having the right people is paramount to our success. Cooperation and collaboration within our Herd allows us to deliver great service and results for our partners.
The brands we work with demand the best, and we're always innovating to exceed expectations - our culture reflects this.
If you're a good fit for this role, I'd love to hear from you.
Mark Preston, Performance Marketing Director, Herd
In this role, you will:
- Manage and deliver SEO strategies to a high standard achieving KPIs
- Ensure all partners have a future proofed strategy in place
- Manage and retain all assigned client partners
- Identify, highlight and propose key growth opportunities for client partners
- Identify and escalate any potential SEO / partner issues at the earliest opportunity to the client and your line manager
- Perform in-depth technical audits on client partner websites, feeding back issues with clearly documented recommendations and next steps
- Facilitate client partner quarterly business reviews and meetings
- Support (including attending) new business opportunities for your channel
- Mentor and develop SEO Apprentices / Executives / Leads
- Work collaboratively with other channels and departments to deliver best-in-class work for your client partners
- Educate other teams on SEO benefits and champion best practice
- Take part in weekly SEO updates to be shared both internally and externally
- Contribute to SEO processes to ensure standards are maintained across the wider team, at all times
- Liaise with other senior leads on SEO best practice
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with strategic partners
- Lead SEO implementation and migrations for new websites and rebuilds
- Contribute to SEO channel revenue growth through existing and new partnerships
- Support with the development roadmap of our in-house proprietary technology, helping showcase opportunities to advance our SEO offering or make efficiencies within the team
- Develop and pitch SEO initiatives and strategies to existing partners
- Manage the onboarding process for new SEO partners
- Ensure any direct reports are delivering on time, and to the required standards
- Model our core values and behaviours, leading by example
- Relevant qualification, degree or significant industry experience. Proven track record delivering SEO at an enterprise level.
- 5+ years' experience in an SEO specific role (SEO Lead / SEO Manager)
- Advanced knowledge of SEO principles (both on-site and off-site), and applying these across a broad range of sectors
- Comprehensive delivery of all responsibilities from an SEO Lead
- Experience using the most popular website crawlers (e.g. ScreamingFrog, Lumar etc.), SEO analysis tools (e.g. Ahrefs / SEMrush), and web analytics software (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Proven track record delivering SEO strategies for enterprise level clients
- Excellent client management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to liaise effectively with other teams
- An appetite to learn and develop, continually expanding your SEO knowledge
- Team management experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms such as Shopify and Magento
- Strong business writing skills and ability to produce high quality reports
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of data analysis or programming languages such as R and Python
- Good understanding of HTML
- Speak an additional language
What we'll offer
25 days holiday - plus bank holidays
Flexible working - based on our shift patterns (e.g., start early to finish early)
Company equipment - all necessary equipment will be provided to perform your role within the working environment. This will include: a high-performance desktop/laptop, monitors, VOIP phone or VOIP software-based phone etc.
Personal progression plans - linked to roles and responsibilities with a clear progression plan for you to work towards within the business
Training budget - attendance at conferences and having the right training materials is really important for Herd. We believe in investing in people's professional advancement. A budget per year will be allocated to the team
Pension - Herd provide a company pension scheme in line with our duties as an employer. Further details of the scheme provider and employee contributions will be shared during your induction
Herd profit share / bonus scheme – Herd operate a company bonus scheme linked to personal and company performance against annual targets
Herd member of the month - as voted by your peers to celebrate success and recognise achievements with a cheeky shopping voucher reward!
Regular socials - including a quarterly team lunch with the Herd
Fizz Friday - on the last Friday of every month, reflecting on 'herd wins' during the company update
Who we employ
The energetic: you buzz with positivity and infect everyone around you with your enthusiasm. You inspire others to be more you
The trail blazers: you think outside the box, pushing boundaries as a real thought leader. You thrive on innovation
The determined: you see problems as opportunities. You keep going and keep the herd focussed on the end goal
The brave: you speak up and you challenge. You dare to do what others won't. You learn from your experiences
The matriarchs: you nurture and lead the Herd around you. You are the glue that keeps us together. You are the constant in a world of change
Collectively, we're experts in performance marketing, commerce, web design, development, and integrations, providing services for household names and growing brands all over the world.
What we are proud of: we are proud of our culture, delivering transparency and value for our clients which leads to long-term partnerships.
Our mission and vision: our mission is to empower our partners with solutions for growth to scale without limits. We deliver this through exceptional performance marketing, development and consultancy services.
Our team: composed of 25+ amazing individuals, our team is a great blend of personalities that gives us a unique, engaging and fun environment.
Our team are fundamental to our success. This is why we invest in external training and mentoring. We're here to help you become the best that you can be, and provide the support and opportunity to progress.
We love to celebrate individual and team successes together with highlights such as employee of the month and company bonus scheme.
Our Herd values & behaviours
Growing Giants: we don't work with everyone – we partner with ambitious brands that share our vision. Whatever success looks like, we're on the journey together
Walk the Walk: we're a straight talking, no-nonsense Herd. We deliver on our word, provide strategy, and plans with frequent updates, insightful reporting, and collaboration
Good Vibes: we treat businesses and goals as if they were our own. Driving opportunities and positivity, we take joy in working with our partners to grow their business
One Herd: we are an extension of our partner's teams, understanding the business in the same way they do
Sparkle & Shine: alongside regular communication, we provide industry leading insights to grow business. Innovation is in our blood
Performance: thinking performance for our partners, always
Ready to join our herd?
Now is a great time to join our expanding team.
If you're the perfect fit for our Herd, we'd love to hear from you. Please get in touch for further information or to discuss the role and next steps in more detail.